[IP] Re: Diabetes and Anxiety

No offense taken! :)
If *I* were the diabetic instead of my daughter, I probably
wouldn't plan to this extent (or maybe I would since I have so
many kids and they're with me most of the time...I don't know.)
The only reason I have is because it is a *major* pain toting
around 7 kids (and if I take one with me I have to take several),
shopping with them in tow (or whatever), only to have to pack
them all back up in the car and go home to fix something like a
site, treat a low, or do a bg. Learned that lesson the hard way
(not fun!) :)
Just wanted to clear that up so no one thinks I'm being anal or
anything (I'm actually quite laid back. Really, I am!) Once life
is not so hectic anymore (when the youngest is a little older) I
won't need to be quite so organized.

Some of the "kits" and precautions posted lately are much more
extravagent than I could have imagined in my neurotic world.
WITH the exception of those who have little ones.  Children with
diabetes are such a moving target, I myself would probably be
prepared for a world disaster at all times as well!

And please don't assume I'm being mean or cold here, because I'm
just trying to relate, and relax more about dealing with
diabetes, but do most pumpers out there have careers or is
diabetes their career??

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"God teaches the birds to make nests, yet the nests of all birds
are not alike." Duwamish proverb