[IP] Bone infection

Hi all

I have an infected bone in my foot (bit toe). I'll be admitted to the
hospital on Monday to start on IV antibiotics, then surgery on Tuesday to
place antibiotic beads in the bone. It occurred to me to ask the list if
anybody else has undergone anything like that. If so, what's it like? Any
side effects from IV antibiotics? Is it just a boring time, laying around the
hospital, having your dressings changed and beads removed one at a time? I
plan on taking my laptop so I can write my article on (yeah, this is ironic)
surviving a hospital stay when you have DM. Should I expect anything to
interfere with that task? (Besides having a tendency to identify way too much
with my work?)

Jan (and Elvis)
who are in a whirlwind trying to get ready for several days in the hospital