[IP] Re: carrying syringes w/insulin

Thanks! :)
Our supplies are in a zippered bag kept under a seat and so far,
no problems in almost 4yrs. It's pretty mild here most of the
time (cool but not cold, warm but not hot.) Not sure I would do
this where temps are very extreme though. Maybe I *shouldn't*
keep this stuff in the car but I figure the odds of our
forgetting stuff are a lot greater than the odds of the stuff
being harmed out there. I just like being prepared for things
because Murphy's Law seems to prevail at our house. ;)

Todd Beall wrote:
> No, I think you are a very smart person!
> I have glucotabs everywhere, but since I'm new to the pump, have not
> thought about supplies for it in the car, etc. Batteries seem like a
> very good idea--but wouldn't insulin and test strips spoil in the heat
> of a glove compartment? I like your idea of carrying a syringe and using
> insulin from the reservoir.
> Anyway, kudos to your organization and foresight!
> Todd

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"God teaches the birds to make nests, yet the nests of all birds
are not alike." Duwamish proverb