Re: [IP] cost of supplies

> Hi all.  We had our first visit with the new endo who feels my son
> will be put on a pump in approximately 3 months.  I spoke with a
> minimed pump rep to determine costs and insurance coverage.  Our
> insurance pays 50% of durable medical.  I was very surprised to find
> out the supplies cost approximately $300. per month. (our share
> being 150)  Is this the average monthly cost?  Are the supplies for
> the 3 pump companies about the same cost?
Supplies are pretty uniform in cost. You might see higher prices if
you purchase from a "supply" house rather than direct from the pump
companies. Double - tripple check the amount the insurance company is
reqired to pay for both the pump and ongoing supplies. Most cover at
least 80%. Don't take less without a BIG fight.