[IP] Carrying Supplies with You

To:  email @ redacted
Date:  Fri, 02 Jun 2000 08:05:16 CDT
On June 1 Rosemarie wrote:
<Just wondering if other pump users carry syringes w/ insulin where ever

I carry a small amount of insulin and a syringe for those times when I've
discovered my pump isn't performing as I'd like it to.  In other words it
might be 'user error', a kink in the tubing or air bubble, but if I'm out
and about I might take an injection to 'make sure' my 'unexplained high'
comes down in a reasonable amount of time so I can avoid DKA.  I do carry an
additional set with me too, although depending on the circumstances I'm in,
I may not be able to change it.  If I do run into problems, and I have, I'll
change the set AND bolus with an injection.  Then sit back and 'babysit' my
diabetes for the next few hours.