[IP] Supplies in car?!

> While I'm at it, the bags (shaving kits) in each car contain a
> ziploc with *everything* listed above, plus a meter w/test strips
> and supplies

I've wanted to do this (keeping a meter in the vehicle as opposed to always
remembering to bring it along), but I've always been told that temperatures
get too extreme in an automobile for a meter & strips to "live there"
comfortably.  Are there any particular meters that are not so
temperature-sensitive, that will withstand extremes & still function well?