[IP] cost of supplies

Hi all.  We had our first visit with the new endo who feels my son will be put on a pump in approximately 3 months.  I spoke with a minimed pump rep to determine costs and insurance coverage.  Our insurance pays 50% of durable medical.  I was very surprised to find out the supplies cost approximately $300. per month. (our share being 150)  Is this the average monthly cost?  Are the supplies for the 3 pump companies about the same cost?
Another question.  Does anyone know the carb count for cotton candy.  We are going to a fair tonight and this is the one thing Tyler really wants.  If you know it, please email me privately so I can have the info before I go.
Thanks all......this list is great!
Ellen, mom to Tyler, 5 1/2, dx 7/98