Re: [IP] the pump is a machine and I am human

Dear Mark,

I have found I can't live my life with what if's. I debated until it was
almost to late to decide to take immunosuppression medications because I
did all the "what ifs". Now that I am on it I am feeling better. I also did
that with my pain medication..what if my body got used to it?
Well I took it and am pain free and as a result my BGs are finally where
they are suppose to be. I also did what if's regarding using a wheelchair
and when I did use it I found out it saved my energy for other things now a
beautiful power chair is being made for me and what if I never trained
service dogs for people and myself? I would have missed out on alot of
blessings and seeing miracles..
Mark- go for what works for you..and make the best of it and don't live in
the what if's because they don't come true..and that is living in fear and
I don't believe we have been given the Spirit of fear...Should an
opportunity would arise for me to have a chance to have a bone marrow
transplant which I turned down once I would do it now. I played that what
if  when it came to the transplant and I was the one who lost when I said "no"
Live the life that is best for you because we only have one life to
live..this isn't a dress rehearsal...and go by your gut instinct and
btw..pumping doesn't work out for everyone so don't feel bad about that
either :)
I went really on a downer when I turned down humalog..It was wrong for me
to use it..but now I am happy I went with what I knew because I am allergic
to one of it's preservatives and my endo was really thankful I told him
about that because I could have become very ill and could have ended up in
a severe allergic reaction/shock
So do what you believe is best for you and don't feel bad about anything
ok? I feel about the pump alot like you do at times..I am human..and I wish
it could do a better job for me but there are circumstances I have to deal
with and I doubt I will ever have an A1C under 8 but it is ok with my endo
and with me..By doing what is best for you the stress really goes away :)
thanks for letting me share:)
email @ redacted
aol IM chat ID riverbijou
ICQ# 48743830