Re: [IP] Moving from California to Virginia

> Also, has anyone transferred membership with
> Kaiser before?  I'm not sure whether to cover
> myself when I first arrive through COBRA benefits
> or to apply for their individual standard plan
> which I'm afraid I may be rejected for because
> of a pre-existing medical condition.
I've been with NorCal Kaiser since before I was
diagnosed 8 years ago and have had to change HOW I was
covered twice since then.  Once 'cause I turned 21 and
lost my parents coverage.  And oce for changing jobs.
With the job change my coverage overlapped so there was
no problem there.  With the age thing there WAS a gap
in coverage which lasted a couple months while I found
a job that included health care.  When I 'rejoined'
there was no pre-existing issue at all.  Just the
typical duplicate ID problem (they assign you a new
number and it takes months of pestering to recombine
all your data into a single ID, in the mean time your
medical history/standing prescriptions/etc.. are in a
difficult -- but not impossible -- to reach limbo).

Don't know if that'll help since you're changing zones
too, but good luck!

-Sara G.