[IP] Dx-ing T-2 with A1c's

Natalie Sera (the ducky one) wrote:
> No, I think his 5.4 was due to having had good, normal BGs almost 100%
> of the time. An occasional rise after a heavy or high-carb meal does NOT
> indicate diabetes. And in normal people, the spike comes down VERY
> quickly -- doesn't last long enough to do any appreciable damage.

It takes about 5 hours for his BG to come down to a normal range. He
deliberately stayed up testing hourly to see when he hit normal. Throughout
the week, he's very sporadic with his accessibility to eat a decent,
sit-down meal. He's had high BP several years now - also takes 0.15
synthroid. Insulin users are prohibited from having CDLs. He has 3.5 years
before retirement. His bro has had T-2 about 30 years.
Jan with no ducks, but IDDM