[IP] Neuropathy

I use High doses of Alpha Lipoic Acid. About 1200 mg a day and Big doses of
evening Primrose oil (Gamma linoleic acid is the active component here), I
use Tylenol if it is bad, Neurontin usually needs to be given in very high
doses to relieve neuropathic pain. I used it in practice to relieve cancer
pain when the cancer invaded the nerves. I also used it as an anticonvulsant
but again it needs big doses. Now there is an 800 mg tablet (A small
football). Many doctors are afraid to give large doses of this medication.
You could easily need up to 4800 mg /day. Very expensive if you don't have
an Rx plan. I figure the new government plan won't cover this because it is
an off label use. And they don't even cover Humulog on Medicare. I found the
huge doses of ant oxidants help a great deal. Natrol, distributed by Vitamin
Shoppe makes a 300 mg ALA Capsule. ALA is prescription in Germany. There are
a couple articles about ALA and GLA in diabetes. If you have T1, your body
cannot synthesize GLA from Linoleic Acid (Another great feature of this