Re: [IP] A1Cs

I agree that statistically the blood glucose averages from the meter can be
"scewed" -- Andrea got a 6.0 A1C last time, yet her "average" meter readings
were over 200 --- guess when she tests the most?? When she's high ---& rarely
when she's low.  Yet --- the endos pour over those printouts & try to base
dosages on the patterns they find there!!! She's always explaining to them
how the numbers are statistically "off" due to the higher number of tests
done when she is high.  But then, she actually LIKES math.

Andrea did a science fair project -- seeing which foods helped keep her from
going low while running 3 miles --- of course, the first test case was
running without eating -- always bottomed out after 1 mile --- other foods
didn't work as well either --- We forgot to tell the endos about the clusters
of lows at 3:30 every day for 8 weeks --  they were perturbed to say the
least!!!!  But those numbers did bring down the average!

Liz B.
Who knows less than nothing about math, but does understand this