[IP] Re: mixing insulins

When I told our endo that I had started mixing insulins because
my 9yo daughter's sites weren't lasting more than 1 1/2 days, he
asked why/how it was thought to work (so I gave him info I had
gotten from here.) He never said anything else about it. Later,
he sat in on a MiniMed inservice and mentioned mixing insulins to
the reps. Apparently they were "quite taken aback" by that info
and did NOT recommend doing it. So he asked me to refresh his
memory on why it was that I was doing it/what made it work, etc
(he had forgotten) BUT also said that we can't discount that it
obviously DOES work, and to keep on doing it! If I could have
kissed him right then and there, I would have. ;)

someone said:
> I have brought this up at my last
> appointment and the idea didn't go over to well ("We
> haven't heard of this in our whole 45 years of
> practice" Duh! Lispro received FDA approval in 1996)

Michael said:
You might ask him that since it is your body, if it works would
it be
OK with him??  (also duhh.....)

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"God teaches the birds to make nests, yet the nests of all birds
are not alike." Duwamish proverb