Re: [IP] Re: Cure for diabetes

Jack Granowski  <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I have to believe that the original poster for this thread
> was doing a troll.  And it appears to have worked.

I think you are probably right, Jack.  And I'm sorry to say I fell for it.

> I believe that others on this list (perhaps Jim?) could
> answer this better than I.  Are all of the researchers,
> scientists, technicians, etc. in the business of finding a
> cure, only in it for money.

To be honest, some probably are.  But then that's true of people in almost every profession.  The misbehavior of the few should not condemn the majority.  Most researchers are in the profession for the academic and scholarly challenge.  Basic research seeks to find out how these things work.  If, in the course of research, one discovers a practical use for a scientific discovery, all the better.  Banting and Best set about to find out how diabetes worked, the role of insulin, etc.  In the course of their work, they realized the practical import of insulin therapy.  But they probably would have continued with their research even if it had proven impractical.

> This type of conspiracy and cover up would put the ufo
> abduction cover up and the jfk conspiracy to minuscule
> proportions.  We all know how easy it is to hide things
> from the media (ask Clinton), something like this would
> make a journalists career (Woodward/Bernstein), but they
> too must be getting kick backs from the establishment.

One of the other problems with conspiracy theory is that it presumes that one government has the influence and support of all governments to be able to control the process everywhere.  I think it's reasonable to say that the United States government does *NOT* have that kind of power in Europe or Asia -- or even in the U. S. as you point out.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.