[IP] Re: Pfizer inhalable insulin

This one is for real, and hopefully, (if they sign the merger papers
tomorrow), I will have full access to Pfizer's Development compounds.  (I
work for Parke-Davis/Warner-Lambert in Michigan.  If all the financial ducks
are aligned Monday, the purchase will officially be final).

What I know so far is that the Phase III trials have been hugely successful,
an NDA is expected to be filed for approval in 2002.  I am a bit concerned I
haven't heard of any clinical trials for this product prior to our merger
communications with Pfizer.   The cat is pretty much out of the bag (as far
as hiding from your competitors) by the time you are at Phase III (last
clinical phase).  Pfizer has somehow solved the problem of reliable dose
delivery, which is where so many companies have failed and terminated
development in the past.

A 5 bil. insulin manufacturing plant is being built in Germany to be complete
in 2003, to keep up with the expected demand from this product.  They gotta
have some faith going.

I'll keep you folks posted.