[IP] Scuba Question

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry I haven't been around in a while, but life caught up to me and whirled me around a little bit.  In the last month and a half, I've gotten divorced (the most anticlimatictic 3 minutes of my life), got promoted, and to top it off, my A1c is 5.7%.  It was 7.4% before the pump.  So, I guess using stress as a reason not to get on the pump isn't going to fly at my house.
Anyway, since I'm feeling better, is anyone out there scuba certified and actively diving?  I am going to start my open water certification next month.  My endo said, after getting a physical, I need to get an OK from an opthamologist (he said I had no retinopathy), and an ear, nose & throat doctor (this friday).  He also said my blood sugar sould be at least 150, and to eat a meal bar before going down.
Any suggestions are appreciated.  Oh, yeah, the pump is staying on the surface.