Re: [IP] Technical Error Messages

Nancy wrote:
>I am having second thoughts about purchasing the MM pump ever since a
>pumper told me that he had experienced frequent "No Delivery Messages"
>but does not have this problem with the Diestronic.  He also led me to
>believe that MM could would be problematic since my daily insulin intake
>is low (about 27 units).

I've been using a MM507 for 2 1/2 years.  I did have a few problems with
no-delivery alarms, but I think that had to do with using the sof-set
infusion sets.  Since I switched to the Silhouettes, it hasn't been a
problem.  Only a few, and I attribute them to having my tubing go through
too many hairpin turns to go from my tight jeans pocket, over my waistband,
under the hem of my blouse, and back up to my waist.  I can take care of it
by placing the pump on my lap while the bolus is being delivered rather
than putting it back in my pocket.  (And it's only a problem with one pair
of jeans.)

I think the reason I was having trouble with the sof-sets is that the
cannula was going too deep (I'm thin) and hitting muscle, causing a sort of
blockage for the insulin trying to enter my body.  The silhouettes don't go
as deep, and so the problem has gone away.

I use about 25 units of insulin a day.  I've never had clogged tubing due
to a low basal rate (.4 per hour most of the time).  This was, perhaps, a
problem in the past, but is no longer.  I suspect whoever told you this was
working on old information.

If I were you, I would base my decision on other factors.

Mary Jean