Re: [IP] Re: relationships

 >In a message dated 6/30/99 12:25:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
 >email @ redacted writes:
 >... we are the normal ones and
 > everyone else is screwed up and they don't want to acknowledge
 > it... ha ha. >>
 >LOL,  I am with you on this one Brian.  I have never met a normal person.
 >What is that anyway?  Everyone I know has some kind of problem.  Does a
 >normal person have normal problems?  What are normal problems?  This can get
 >quite funny when you think about it.

Normal is an average. Have you ever met an average person?? I haven't. We
are all over the map... tall, short, skinny, overweight, old, young... and
if someone doesn't have health problems now, they will.

I think most of this has to do with expectations. If you expect the person
of your dreams to be "perfect", just like in the movies, then there will be
major problems with acceptance (and with life in general). However, if you
are in tune with the real world and can love and accept your partner as
they really are (warts and all), then being diabetic is not going to be a
major problem for the relationship.

(who has plenty of "warts")