Re: [IP] Fwd: Disetronic's Dahedi Insulin Pump Wins FDA Approval

In a message dated 6/29/99 5:44:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< ----This really sounds like an advertisement to me and I would really
 appreciate NOT
 ----receiving them!  If I want this information I know how to look for it
 or request
 If I felt like I was being bombarded with Dahedi-hype I might object to
 more of it on the IP list. Until then, I'm guessing I'm not alone in
 wanting to hear the manufacturer's pitch. What better place to announce FDA
 approval of a new insulin pump than here?

I agree!  This is the best place to exchange important information like this
and not everybody knows where to look for and find these announcements on
their own.  Part of the beauty of this list is being able to stay on the
cutting edge of pump therapy.....I've learned more here than from our doc and
pump trainer combined......(now why am I not surprised about that? LOL).
Announcements like this keep us abreast of all that is going on and for
people who want to, they can seek further information on their own and you
have a starting point.  I really can't see how a one time announcement of a
new pump could be an intrusion on a list like this.  Just my .02 cents, and
keep the info coming!  :-)