[IP] who gets the dough

Ellen, in response to Wayne's comment that

<< Neither the AMA nor doctors make much money treating diabetics >>

> I don't know about your endo, but my endo is well off financially.
> Where does your endo get his money if he doesn't get much from
> his patients?  Just curious.

LOL - my eye doctor got $500 2 weeks ago for a 12 minute appointment in which
he told me he STILL couldn't see anything through the blood, he STILL doesn't
want to do anything and STILL thinks that I ought to wait for the vitrectomy
a while longer...I mean, really, he IS the best I have ever had, but my
pediatric g.p. from 25 years ago could have told me that for $25 and I'd have
gotten a lollipop afterwards to boot!!!

I KNOW we are paying for training and business costs and all that, and if I
had to go through what the GOOD doctors had to go through to get where they
are now, I'd charge a lot too i guess, but it is kinda like the 12b expenses
on a mutual fund - why should WE have to pay for that "other" stuff??

oh well...thank whatever for insurance...now if only we could get them all to
file for us