Re: [IP] following directions but still high after set change

> With all of this we still have bg's in the 300's 2 -3  hours later.
> Is there a step I am missing in this process?  Do some people
> require more of a prime after connecting the tubing than 1 unit?
> This happened only occasionally with the Rapid, but has done it
> every time with the Silhouette.

Try leaving the old set in for at least 2 hours after disconnect (for
humalog, 4 hours for regular). To allow all the insulin from recent
basal/bolus infusion to be absorbed. It can leak out or not be
absorbed due to damage to the tissue when the old set is removed.