[IP] $2000 for training? Are you nuts?!

> From: email @ redacted
> I met a woman on Saturday night and her daughter age 27 is thinking of a
> pump.  She said that the pump would be covered but that they were charging
> her $2,000.00 out of pocket for training.  Has anyone else encountered
> anything like this.  I said it sounded like someone was trying to make some
> money off of them.
> Thanks,
> Pat Marino

I'm 98% sure that I paid nothing for training on the pump, and neither did my
insurance.  I was not hospitalized and did not even have to go to the doctor's
office to be hooked up.  An experienced pumper who works with my local MM rep came
to my house, helped me get hooked up, and left.  I was in close contact with my CDE
for about a month adjusting basal and bolus amounts.  Otherwise I was basically on
my own, and it was completely fine.  This definitely sounds like a scam to me!

And hey--if your friend insists on training, tell her I'll do it for $1500! ;-)