Re: [IP] Abstracts on Type 1

email @ redacted wrote:
> I have been on the pump since January and have just gotten clearance from my
> dr. to try to get pregnant.  I am 32 years old and was diagnosed with type 1
> in December of 98.  My dr. got me on the pump within a month.  Yeah!!!  I
> have a son who is 10 and have been told that he will have a 30% chance of
> becoming Type 2.

I'm not sure where this comes from: Type 1 and 2 are totally different diseases
with different root causes, so I think this prediction is a BIT (or is
that a BYTE or a MEGABYTE??) off base.

Is this true and where do I find the studies to substaniate
> this?  More importantly to my husband, what are the chances of us having a
> Type 1 child?

Studies have shown that only 6% of Type 1 diabetics have a known Type 1
They still say your chances are higher than that, but how could they be if they

> Mikki Speed

How interesting, here's Ted Quick answering Mikki Speed.

Ted Quick