From: Donna [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 1999 12:49 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Test Strips and Cold Drinks

Has anyone used their test strips to check to see if a cold drink was sugar
free
or not?  Yesterday we went to a fast food place and my husband noticed that
the
soda wasn't diet.  We poured them out and got another, thinking they were
diet
we left.  Upon drinking some of it I told him it didn't taste right.  I
hadn't
drank much and forgot to put my diastix back in my purse (I usually used
them to
check to see if drinks are diet).  I was thirsty but afraid to drink the
soda so
I used the meter to see.  It registered 481!  When I tried this with a diet
drink (purchased in a bottle) it registered bad strip.  Will a meter
register
bad strip if the level is too low?  Could I have gotten a wrong reading on
the
first one?

BTW I use the comfort Curve strips with the Accu Chek Complete.

Any suggestion will help.
Donna