[IP] ACE inhibitors and drinking

I saw my doc today and told him what people had said here about taking
ACE inhibitors and making sure you drink plenty. He laughed and said I
didn't need to worry about that and that there wasn't any problem,
even when I said that was why I thought I had been having problems
when I first started on Lisinopril and felt like I was going to faint
all the time.
At that point I got all nervous and couldn't explain properly the
reasons behind it. I was wondering if anyone had any documented
evidence about this that I could show him next time? I wish I had
thought to print out some of the messages from the list for him, but I
never expected him to not take it seriously.