[IP] Chinese Cure- Report #1

Hi Lisa and Brian-

Re; questions on my progress with Chinese herbs etc.

First of all, I have a doctor who is from China and who prescribes all the herbs I'm taking.  Almost all of the things I'm taking are labled in Chinese and so I am, for the most part clueless.  Also after he checked me out, he wrote down the herbs I was to take, prescribing them for ALL of my various problems (I'm the one who just came through brain surgery) AND I'm getting acupuncture.  This venture is not cheap!!  I wouldn't be getting it at all except that my folks are financing it while I'm here in Arkansas recuperating from my surgery.  I've only been at for about 3 weeks.

In the past couple of days, my BGs have dropped dramatically.  I'm using about 1/2 to 3/4 of what I was taking just a few days ago.  HOWEVER, I've always been a brittle diabetic, and every once in a while my BG's drop dramatically, only to shoot up again later.  Right now I'm struggling with keeping my BG levels up, find myself nose diving while sleeping a lot, and generally don't feel all that wonderful.

Herbs (and acupuncture) are natural and slow and need to be handled by a professional.  One can't just go down to the local health food store and buy them.  Today I received a shipment(from Little Rock where I see Dr. Guo[ who's an oncologist, by the way] and it said I was taking some herb pills called mu xiang bing lang wan- so go figure.  It's all Greek to me [or Chinese if you will].  I have other herbs to take, including a couple of tea blends too.  These herbs ARE supposed to be treating the underlying causes of diabetes - BUT after 34 years I lack confidence in my pancreas ability to produce insulin- but who knows?  All I can really say, is that this doctor has done pheonmenoly well with both my step dad- who recovered from cancer of the esophagus - and no, not totally from herbs, but with surgery, radiation, chemo etc. and when he was finished with that and 'resulting blood clots' which were some kind of leftovers [I gather] Dr. Guo treated him and it all went away.  Mo!
m is off about 75% of her heart medication.  Obviously with a family history like that, I'm game.  Will keep you all posted.