Re: [IP] units needed using pump

WRT Randy's situation.

>I CURRENTLY TAKE 400 UNITS A DAY. AND MY MAX CARB INTAKE IS 75 >GRAMS
>AT DINNER. AND STILL MY BGL STAY ABOVE 12 AND BS ARE NEVER BELOW >225.
RANDY

Is such insulin resistance not symptomatic of type two IDDM?

And are type twos not more insulin responsive when they lose weight?

Randy, I recall, is 6 feet tall, 225lbs.  IMO, he could stand to lose 50
lbs.

(Not without pointing at myself).

I could stand to lose 30lbs.  I'm 5'11", 190lbs.  I use only about 50
units/day.  Definitely a type one.

Would he have similar insulin requirements at lower weight levels?

Richard