Re: [IP] RE: Breast-feeding

In a message dated 6/26/99 10:25:13 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<<Diabetes does NOT prevent you from breastfeeding, BUT, watch out for those
lows.  I did this 16 and 20 years ago and I remember having alot of lows.  Of
course, this was pre-pump, but breastfeeding definitely lowers bg--in my
case, ALOT.  ellen

This is why your insulin needs should be increased slowly after delivery.
With one child I went three days with no insulin and then long acting only
and then regular.  With another I went 7 days with no insulin and then
started back slowly.  In both cases I was back at my pre pregnancy doses by 3
months.  Which is when the babies need for milk levels out and becomes more