Re: [IP] units needed using pump

In a message dated 6/26/99 8:02:28 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<<I will be going live with my pump in July.  I am currently  taking three
shots a day. I take a total of 32 units a day.  How many units will I require
when I go on the pump?

You know Kathie everyone is different.  I found that I have only needed 50%
of what I was on with MDI and I have also lost 20 lb. since on the pump.  I
am not chasing lows anymore and not catching rebounds.  But others have seen
the same usage and some more.  They will start with a standard formula and
then change it to meet your needs.  That is what I liked about going into the
hospital the first day because I had so many lows that it was really great
that I was in a controlled setting.

Good luck when you start live.