Re: [IP] RE: Breast-feeding

When I first found out I was pregnant (my son is 11 months old now) the nurse
at the Diabetic High Risk Pregnancy Clinic I went to told me that I couldn't
breastfed because the insulin would be passed through the milk.  My DR told
me otherwise a few months later when I asked her if this was so.  I breastfed
my son until he was 6 months old, and had no problems, I was also put on the
pump during this time, so I was not sure of how it really effected my
glucose's.  I will tell you once I stopped breastfeeding my need for insulin
increased by .02 units per hour.  May not seem like a lot but my sugars were
high, and it took me a week or so to get adjusted again.