[IP] happy thoughts to share(kind of long)

Hi all-
There seem to be an abundance of problems to share when it comes to diabetes, so I just thought I'd share a couple of good things that happened to me recently...
I started seeing a doctor at a wound care center about a month ago for the ulcers I have on my shins (necrobiosis)...he is the best doctor I have ever had.  He is nice and funny and the staff is wonderful.  He really knows what he is doing, and is very good at explaining exactly what he is doing, and what I can expect in the future.  They joke around and we talk about all kinds of stuff, not just medical.  It is so rare to find such a wonderful doctor that I actually enjoy going to (at least in my experience).
One more thing...I went on a trip with my boyfriend and his parents to New Jersey to meet his extended family, and one day we were sitting at Burger King talking about stuff, and his parents were asking about my diabetes (i've known them for 3 years, so they know but were curious as to how i'm doing).  My sweet, wonderful boyfriend said "...but she doesn't have to do shots anymore, so at least we don't have to worry about that..."  It seems so small and insignificant, but the fact that he said "WE" don't have to worry about it just floored me.  He's always asking how my health is, and asking questions about my pump and how it works.  Another day, in the car on the way home from New Jersey with his sister and her boyfriend, he did something similar.  We were in the back seat, and I had run out of insulin in my pump and wouldn't have a chance to change it for a while, so I decided to do a shot of humalog.  I do it in moving cars all the time, have been for years, so it wasn't a big deal for me.  My boyfriend noticed what I was doing and told the driver to be careful and not change lanes until I was finished "taking care of myself".  I know there are probably a lot of significant others out there who are caring and considerate but this is the first one I have been with who has taken an active interest in my diabetes and been so caring about it.  I just had to share.
As a side note, I would love to hear from people on the list that may be significant others of diabetics...I'd like to know what it's like from their point of view.
Thanks for listening!