[IP] Calculating Food Values/ Sports Guard

I use Corinne T. Netzer's "The Complete Book of Food Counts. I like it
because it gives me all the food values including fibre.  Remember that if
a serving contains 5 grams or more of fibre you have to subtract the grams
of fibre from the Carb count.  So if Fibre 1 is listed as 26 carbs per
serving, but every serving has 10 g of fibre you count it as 16 g not 26.
This only applies with high fibre foods with over 5 g per serving.  I have
also heard that you should allow 1/3 of a carb for every gram of high fat
or high protein food, if you are sensitive to protein and fat.  This works
well for Pizza, ( although so does making your own low fat pizza).   There
is also an online service by the US Government at the following address:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl.   A lot of it is trial
and error to find your own profile.  Also it is very important to be honest
with yourself about portion sizes. I hope this helps
Also re another issue, I use the Sports Guard.  I find it great for having
showers as then I don't get into all these problems in repriming the pump,
and I save money because I don't have to buy the quick release infusion
sets which cost more money.  I found it awkward at first but once you get
used to it you become pretty fast.  It is a problem for long periods as you
cannot bolus without taking it out of the case so I switch back to a belt
clip after I shower.  I store it open and once I have used it a bit more I
intend to lubricate it with vasaline, but it hasn't needed it yet.  It is
great for hiking as it keeps out the rain and/or dust and you don't worry
about a fall.