Re: [IP] weight loss?

> Hi Dave!
> 	I also lost weight since starting the pump a little over 3 months
> ago.  I have lost about 10-12 pounds in about two months.  I know it has to
> do with the pump because I am more aware of my portions, so I bolus in the
> correct amount of insulin.  I also am not snacking as much and I'm not
> treating the lows that I use to have everyday.
> 	I am also finding a problem with my clothes fitting.  My pants,
> skirts, and shorts are too big around the waist.  The pump definitely weighs
> the pants down.   I really need to buy some new clothes because of this, but
> I really don't have the money and secondly, I am afraid that I will gain the
> weight back and it would be a waste of money there.
> Kerri

Hi Kerri,

Yeah, I feel about the same way you do, with the exception that I
*really* didn't want to lose any weight.  If nothing else, losing
those extra pounds, most of them from around my waist, I think, has
made it just that much harder to insert the Sof-sets without hitting
stomach muscles.  [On that note, has anyone heard anything further
about the new Sof-sets with the shorter needle/cannula which are
supposed to be released by Mini-med sometime soon?]

As Betsy suggested in her post, I'm starting to make a conscious
effort to eat more.  Maybe that'll help.

Thanks to you and Betsy for your replies.

Dave Breeden                                           email @ redacted