[IP] Insurance - Need Advice

I'm dealing with the issue of pump supplies with my new insurance company
right now.  I acquired my pump under a prior plan and received a years'
worth of pump supplies from Minimed.  Within that years' time, my employer
switched to another health care provider.  I am in a plan that has a
"network" of providers.

The issue I'm having trouble with, is that the insurance company is telling
me that pump supplies would need to be filed under my medical insurance as
"durable equipment" in order to be reimbursed.  That might not be a problem
ordinarily, but my lifetime cap for durable equipment is $10,000.  My
insurance company uses a mail-order service for medications/supplies which
are replenished (insulin, syringes, and test strips are included).  However,
the mail-order company tells me that insulin pump supplies are not covered
under our plan.

I hate to just roll over and play dead with this--particularly since I am
the first pumper that the insurance company has dealt with under my
employer's policy.  I don't want to be responsible for setting a bad
precedent for other pumpers who follow after me.  I'm just not sure what my
rights are at this point.  Can anyone out there who has had to deal with
insurance company bureaucracy give me some advice as to how I might be able
to get the insurance company to provide me with the mail-order service for
my pump supplies?  This makes more sense to me considering these are
supplies not equipment, and they need replenishing on a regular basis.

Thanks for any help!!