email @ redacted wrote:
> Could someone just quickly tell me what  the terms "Bolusing" and "basal
> rate" are? I am trying to learn but am still unclear.

OK, basla rate is the amount the pump dispenses automatically every hour
of the day and night. Each pump has multiple basal rates that can be
set up in a daily schedule programmed into the pump by the user. This
is used to give a good bg throughout the day regardless of meals.

The bolus is used to cover meals or to correct high readings from whatever
sources. Boluses usually follow a blood test so he can decide how much he
needs to handle the current situation and what he's going to eat at the time.

Ted Quick