[IP] Anyone else have this problem?

This morning when I finished showering I went to connect my pump to the Sil
again and there was air in the tubing just below the quick release thingee.
I primed and it took 2 units to push it through.  I know for a fact that
there was no air when I disconnected, I checked just prior.  Should I be
placing the end of the quick release head in a certain position?  If it's
left pointing up will it automatically draw insulin back?

Pumping since 04/09/99
IDDM 15 years, pregnant, due date Sept. 23/99