Basal is the insulin the pump gives you throughout the day it can vary during
the day due to your bodies needs.  Bolusing is what you do at meal times and
when you are high.  Your basal rate is approximately 1/2 of what your current
total insulin dosage.  This is divided into 24 hrs and programmed into the pump
accordingly.  It is then adjusted to your body needs.  Bolusing is usually
started as 15 grams of carbohydrates to 1 unit of insulin.  (This can vary
according to how sensitive to carbs and insulin you may be) This can also be
adjusted.  Hope this helps.
Donna