[IP] stevia

Have any of you pumpers out there used the herbal sweetner stevia.  I
visited with a friend over the weekend who uses it and of couse said
"its not  sugar" so it won't raise my sugar.  I tried to expain it comes
from a plant but no she did not seem to get it.  Anyway i thought i
would try it to see and did not bolus anything for it and later my bg
was over 200.  I looked on the yahoo search and infoseek and got a name
of a researcher connected with the plant.  his response was that he is a
plant person and can offer no info on carbs.  Do any of you use it and
how do you count for it.  So much for my friend whose husband is
supposed to be watching his carbs. Sheila