[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #228

Hi everyone!

Sorry to be "so far behind" on the pumping scoop, but could someone quickly
help me out?  I am not a diabetic, but my boyfriend is, and I'm just trying
to be there for support and help him through the process of getting the
pump and using it.  I bought the book "Pumping Insulin" and am grateful to
all of you for sharing your insight.  I learn  A LOT through reading.
Could someone just quickly tell me what  the terms "Bolusing" and "basal
rate" are? I am trying to learn but am still unclear.

Thank you all soooooo much!!