Re: [IP] RE: How do you cater for fat?

Leanne wrote:
>Could someone please explain to me how to cater for fat?

When I eat a high-fat meal (50% fat) such as pizza, burgers, or Mexican
food, I calculate for carbs as usual.  Then, I bolus 1/2 the amount at the
start of the meal, and spread the remaining insulin over the next 2 hours,
using a square wave bolus.  This has proven to work for me more than once.
Fat delays the absorption of carbohydrates.

Mary Jean