Re: [IP] Another theory about set change problems: Too thin???

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Katherine Esposito wrote:

> my bellybutton. And, coincedentally or not, this site seems to give me
> the most problems. This is the same site (or within one inch) that
> prevented me from going camping for hours and hours until my BS's
> stabilized.

Remember that when you take the old set out, if there is still insulin
remaining in the site that has not been absorbed, it is possible for it
to leak out of the wound left by the removed set. When possible, it's a
good idea to leave the old set in for a couple of hours (Humalog) to
allow any remaining insulin to be absorbed before removing the dead set.