Re: [IP] Anything Unexpected?

Paul, I went on the pump 3 years ago and I am happy to report to you that
there were no surprises, no complications.  You hear alot on this site about
problems people have experienced and that makes this site good.  We are able
to solve our pump problems.
However, I don't think I am that unusual that I have not had many problems
with my pump.  I had no problems with start-up---that means insertion (I was
a little nervous) or bolusing.  My basal rate had to be reduced after a few
weeks, but they were pretty accurate, thanks to my endo.  I have had no
problems with infection, with tape, with tape staying stuck, with bubbles,
with cartridge changing (I got faster with experience).  In other words,
relax and enjoy it.  You will probably have some problems, but they may not
be any of the ones you are reading about.  Don't get ahead of yourself.  Just
deal with the problem when it occurs.  I think this is the best philosophy
for maintaining a stress free start-up.  ellen