Re: [IP] Anything Unexpected?

Paul,

I would suspect that the reason you hear so much about the
negative side of pumping here is simple human nature.  As
humans, we don't usually tend to talk a lot about things
when they are going great.  When things are bad, however,
that is when we let it be known.  That is probably why this
IP list seems weighted to the bad side.

Good luck pumping!

8^)

--- "Whitaker, Paul" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> On Wednesday I shall be having my final training and
> 'hooked' up for the
> first time. I shall be going straight onto using Humalog.
> I've been learning
> the pump functions with a 'trainer' pump and have
> mastered basal
> programming, bolus' etc. For me that's the easy part.
>
> I have been reading with interest here for about a month
> now, and I'm seeing
> lots of comment about, problems with the infusion sets,
> painful sets,
> gushers etc. etc. the list goes on, which is why I guess
> I am a little
> nervous.
>
> So now, on Wednesday, is there going to be something
> 'unexpected' that I
> hadn't thought of that I should be prepared for.
>
> I must admit on the one hand I'm looking forward to the
> simplicity of taking
> insulin, whereas on the other, I'm a bit nervous of  a
> machine infusing
> insulin during the night and going lower than I have ever
> been before.
>
> I would be pleased to learn of the experiences of others
> on 'Day One'.
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Paul

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org