Re: [IP] RE: Behind the times

In a message dated 6/21/99 9:20:51 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< SOmetimes it seems like we live in advanced times but things like this
 > makes it seem like we have made NO headway. Are they not teaching about
 > insulin pumps in medical schools?
 > Ginny
 I work in a hospital and had a doctor (a PRACTICING doctor, not a
 student, intern or resident) ask me when my son was going into the
 hospital to have his pump implanted - and how long the surgery takes! >>

I had the director of a family practice residency program ask me where my
pump was implanted and how it worked. This is a guy who runs a program that
trains docs. To his credit, he asked me if I'd come in and talk to the
residents about the pump. (I said yes, of course, but I'm still waiting for
him to call me.)