Re: [IP] Anything Unexpected?

> Paul wrote:
> I would be pleased to learn of the experiences of others on 'Day One'.

Dear Paul,
     The first day IS kind of scary (having experienced it only 2 weeks ago,
myself, its not too hard  to recall), but if you have a good endo and/or
CDE, I wouldn't worry too much.  My CDE  was deliberately very conservative
with my basal rates starting out to avoid those overnight lows.  I think
this is generally what's recommended.  The "Establishing Basal Rates"
chapter in MIMIMed's pump therapy book really cleared some of the mystery up
for me.
     All these emails do get kind of scary, but I think its good to know
some of the stuff we might experience in the days ahead , especially since
that info comes from people who have actually  LIVED through it -- can't be
that bad, right?
>      Keep your chin up!
                                          Aimeesue, who does not miss her
shots!