Re: [IP] Fast Take Software

 I called to
try to get a Fast Take(for free) and they told me I could buy one and then
take advantage of rebates and trade in offers.    What have you said to these
people to make them send you the meter for free?  How did you phrase your
statement ?  Any help you be grateful.  Thanks

              Cheri :)
What I did was to buy the meter . I think it cost $65.95 but using a coupon
which  was worth $65.00, right there at the pharmacy. The Pharmacist din't look
too happy but they finally let me do it.  The meter ended up costing $.95 plus
tax (on the original price, of course, to please Uncle Sam), but that was ok with
me.
I love this meter for it's small size, its speed of reading (15 secs) and the
small amount of blood needed. I know you have to be carefull to get enough blood
but it's still a lot less than many meters I have used over the years.
Lifescan are sending me the adapter and cable, but I am not sure if I will get
the software. Probably not, huh? This is what they wrote me on an email
today:                                    "At this time you will be able to use
HyperTerminal or Terminal to
communicate with your meter.  Once you respond to this e-mail, I would
be happy to forward you instructions on how to use this feature.  In
addition, IN TOUCH Software is available for your FastTake Meter."
I'll see what happens.
Gill