[IP] Silhouette...which way to insert (update) & ice cream

Hi Folks,
Just took a site out tonight (3 full days) that was put in 'backwards'
for want of a better word.  We went towards her side on her  upper
backside.  Anyway, it worked like a charm and we were able to use an
area of her body that we stayed away from because of the likelihood that
the Silhouette would be bumped.  There was some minor crimping in it
which obviously didn't impede the flow of insulin, but it will be
interesting to see if the next 'backwards' one comes out straight.  We
don't see crimping in the 'by the book' insertions, as a rule.

And now, a nice note.  We camp seasonally at a campground 35 mins from
our home.  When we arrived there this weekend, the new owners were so
proud to show us their latest acquisition....no sugar added ice cream.
We are calling it the 'Chafe Special'.  When they found out Erica was a
diabetic, they ordered it in for her and she feels like a queen.  We
were able to give her regular ice cream since going on the pump, and had
the bolus worked out for it, but she usually had a smaller size cone.
Now with the no sugar added, she has one as BIG as the other kid's and
we have had to drop the bolus for it.  She is proudly dripping all over
her clothes like all the rest of the kids who have a regular sized ice
cream.  The managment waited until Erica showed up at the store this
weekend before putting it out into the freezer, and although they said
other people can buy it,  they are gearing it towards diabetics.  They
are swallowing the cost of it (very expensive) and not increasing the
cost of a cone.  I just thought I would share a nice story about the
general population.  We need to hear them now and then...wouldn't  you
say <grin>
It sure made Erica's day.

Barb....Erica's mom