Re: [IP] Type 2 in kids AGAIN- PLEASE WRITE TO THE NYTIMES!

This upsets me.  I have been a counselor in at a camp for diabetic kids for
several years.  I have had about 3 kids in that time who were diagnosed as
type 2 but were eventually put on  insulin due to poor control or problems
with being able to maintian control on pills.  All 3 of these kids were
active  and NOT overweight!!!!!!!  I understand that this could just be a
random thing but people need to NOT ASSUME that it only happens to kids who
are not active and overweight.  Just needed to express my opinion.  Thanks

          Cheri :)