[IP] Re: sleeping with the pump, trouble with my BGs

> Hi,
> My name is Kristin and this is my 10th day of pumping. What do you do
> when you sleep? I use that waist-it thing (do not like it). Last night I
> slept in shorts which was better. Are there any other tricks?

Personally, I just throw the pump in the bed.  In 3 and 1/2 years, neither I nor my husband has ever pulled the set out or damaged the pump in bed.  I have woken up with the tubing twisted around my waist twice, but it's never hurt the tubing or the pump.  Beware, though, that many cats love to chew on the tubing.  I learned the hard way, when I woke up one morning to the sounds of my cat gnawing my tubing in half in about two seconds flat.  He and I had a little talk about this behavior, and I am now very careful to keep the pump and tubing under the covers and out of his reach.

> From: "Brian Carter" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] trouble with my BGs
> This is really starting to confuse me.. for some reason i have had a hard time
> keeping my numbers up.   For the past 2 days i
> have been having trouble keeping it over 70.  just wondering if the
> "honeymoon phase could kick back in"  or what else could cause a
> sensitivity to insulin like this.Brian Carter

Congratulations!  You're cured!  Our first documented case of spontaneous recovery from IDDM. . . ;-)