Re: [IP] Good Service

From: email @ redacted
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:38:30 EDT

>In a message dated 6/19/99 5:24:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< it seems they use some third party
 for the approval procedure and yet another to supply the pump. No wonder
 insurance is expensive!      Hi my name is Lyle Sechrest I was also on a hmo for about four years and had nothing but troubles with them, It seems to me that hmo's are in the business of keeping healthy patients healthy, god help you if you have any complications because it was my experience that they would just give me the run around, and say that certain things are not covered, its no wonder why alot of diabetic patients go into depression with all the added pressure that the insurance companies put on us, I feel if they were a little more sympathetic to there customers situations that in the long run they would save money by not increaseing complications brought on by there ignorance, in closeing just bug the heck out of them on a daily basis till you get what you need, after all were paying to have this insurance.

Thats exactly what happened in our case too. We have Cigna who said Olsten
Kimberly has to pre-auth who then has Insulin Infusion from New Orleans mail
us the products.

{it seems they use some third party
for the approval procedure and yet another to supply the pump. No wonder
insurance is expensive!

Penny